The rising demand for affordable healthcare, increase in social awareness, rise in internet users, technological advancements, COVID-19, and government initiatives has created huge opportunities in the Indian Healthcare industry. The Healthcare industry is one of the important pillars which will help in building 6 trillion GDP by 2025.
Startups are evolving the landscape of the Healthcare industry by applying innovative technologies like machine-learning, Nanotech, IoT, AI, Robotics, 3D printing, etc.
Some of the important facts and figures which are attracting Startups and Investors in India are
- Over 5000 startups in the Indian HealthTech industry and growing at 35% YoY.
- About 76% of healthcare professionals in India are using digital health records (DHRs) in their practice.
- Healthcare Market in India is expected to reach USD 372 Billion by 2022.
- 53% of the total angel investments in 2019 were in the healthcare industry.
- The Healthcare sector will employ more than 40 million by 2030.
- India ranks 184th out of 191 countries in terms of percentage of GDP expenditure on healthcare.
- The Government of India is planning to increase public health spending to 2.5% of the country’s GDP by 2025.
- India ranks 145 among 195 countries in terms of quality and accessibility of healthcare.
- Ayushman Bharat is the World’s largest Government Funded healthcare scheme.
Some the well-funded in HealthTech to watch out for are
Website – https://www.callhealth.com/
Incorporated – October 2014
HQ – Hyderabad
It offers virtual-and-mobility in healthcare services including doctor consultation, diagnostic tests, hospitalization assistance, medicine delivery, and home-care services including nurses, physiotherapists, and trained attendants.
Funding – $14.1M, 2 rounds by 4 investors.
Website – https://www.cure.fit/
Incorporated – July 2016
HQ – Bangalore
A Health, Fitness, and food startup comes with multiple setups such as Care.Fit, Eat.Fit, Cult.Fit and Mind.Fit.
Funding – $404.6M, 9 rounds, 32 investors, 6 acquisitions.
Website – https://pharmeasy.in/
Incorporated – 2015
HQ – Mumbai
PharmEasy is one of India’s largest healthcare delivery platform. PharmEasy is delivering medicines in 1000+ cities and towns across 22000+ pin codes in India.
Funding – $328.5M, 7 rounds, 18 investors.
Website – https://www.practo.com/
Incorporated – 2008
HQ – Bangalore
Practo is well funded early startup in India, with the mission to help improve human longevity by simplifying healthcare through the online platform and HIS.
Funding – $251.2M, 7 rounds, 12 investors. 5 acquisitions.
The HealthCare startup ecosystem is expected to produce more than 10 unicorns in the healthcare industry.
If you have other interesting insights that you wish to share, please add them to the comments section or let us know at email@example.com.